Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ok, ok...I know it has been a while

I should have posted sooner. Sorry. Seems like I really need a 30 hour day to catch up or even remotely keep up with the things that need to be done. Let's see, what has happened since we lasted posted a blog:
* Ashlie got a new minivan this week. A 2005 Nissan Quest.
* I was called to pastor Pleasant Hill Primitive Baptist Church near Mt. Ida, Arkansas.
* Jacob got a splinter stuck in his thumb down into the root, and it took a trip to the doctor and then being forward to the emergency room, a topical anesthetic, a shot of anesthetic in the thumb, a nerve block, another nerve block, and finally a big dose of something called Loraset? to get him to where they could cut the nail and get it out. Fun times - lots of screaming. One doctor felt so bad she had the office refund us. By the way, from the instant result of that Loraset stuff, it must be mighty good.
* We've had baseball signups, and are now just waiting for practice schedules.

Just some of the same things that regularly, or irregularly, happen that make our lives so full of adventure.

5 comments:

audreysnanny said...

Wonderful post!!! I loved the stories. Your home is so much more interesting than mine.

strem said...

Wow! So much going on! I am so excited for Sashly, and she must be thrilled. Such good news to hear about the calling. Hope we all can talk and catch up soon. Please give Jakey a big hug for me.

lydia said...

Poor Jakey, that experience sounds horrible. I am very excited about the new van and the calling. It was good to read all the exciting events going on in your family!

Chris said...

Dear Brother - You wrote of being called to Mt Ida, have you accepted???? Inquiring minds deserve an answer! :-)

Love you much,
CC

oldbaptistadam said...

Brother CC, it was good to hear from you today.
I'm glad all of ye on this blog enjoy the excitement of our little home...'cause sometimes it is TOO exciting for me! ;)