Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Days of our lives...continued

Well, it is the flu. The real, old timey, cotton-swab-up-the-nose-to-prove-it flu. Jacob, Michael, Ashlie, and Allison have it. The Wookie doesn't have it...yet.
My wife is such a trooper.

I learned yesterday how to take a drain trap off and run a snake. I located the main block, and called the city to unstop the street sewer line and unblock it at the joint for my line. Charleston's water department guys responded swiftly and professionally. The clothes-washer drain pipe was still flooding out into the wall, so I had to call a plumber for it. I think squirrels have dropped acorns down the ceiling pipe like they did the gas furnace. Once spring squirrel season is in, I will enact my revenge. Today, I really dislike squirrels.

11 comments:

Myers Mama said...

I never would have guessed that our old Baptist would use soap opera references for his blogging headlines! ;)

(Sorry, I hate to kick you while you are down, but I couldn't resist that one!)

Seriously, we are praying all is better soon for your entire household.

MICHAELSPAPPY said...

And a preacher, at that! Hmmm. Wonder if that needs to come up at conference.

Rebekah Sacran said...

Bring him down, bring him down!!!! :)

strem said...

Please tell me of them there home remedies you have. I have put a few things up my nose... but never a cotton swab. Please explain.

Sarah said...

If you would like...I would love to help you get rid of the vermin that cause you so much angerness. Mabey with a 22? If you shot them with a 12 gauge shotgun you wouldn't have to worry about picking up any leftover squirrel. HAHAHAHA! lol

Sarah said...

Sorry about the comment with the 12gauge. It just tickeled my funny bone and so I just had to put it in. I laughed for about 10 min. at the thought.

audreysnanny said...

The Dr. puts the cotton swab up the nose and has it tested. Why? So he can charge a fortune for that swab!! Leah had a wart removed on her elbow a long time ago. It was done by a nurse, using a Q-tip and a styrophome cup with liquid ice (?) in it. She put that stuff on the wart with the Q-tip. We were charged for surgery. They called it removal of foreign object. I should have called the medical board on that one. Did the nurse have a licence to practice surgery?

Sarah said...

What!?! It was I with the dreaded wart. That was the coolest surgery though.

oldbaptistadam said...

Ah, I do feel like Job.....ye miserasble comforters!

strem said...

Sorry. We should do better. Please forgive us.

How are the kiddos this week?

oldbaptistadam said...

They are much much better!
When will you come see us again, now that we are healthy?